Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Busy Busy Month!

Long time with no updates! So sorry about that. We have had a very busy month over here. We have retiled the kitchen floor, got chickens and ducks, built a chicken coop, and now are in the process of cleaning the garage and (hopefully!) about to get started with adding onto my dad's garage. Busy busy year!

So, here are our 6 Red Sex Link chicks and our 2 Pekin ducklings! They are 3 and half weeks and boy are they getting big :) Here they are enjoying and exploring their brand new coop! Pen is still pending.

 This is the base of the coop and walls up.


 Trusses up and secured.


 End walls up and screwed on.



 Got the side walls up.





 Got the shingles and roof on with a coat of paint!



 Finished product! This is the side with the door the hens will go in. The door is plexiglass so in bad weather light will still get in


And the door! Made of scraps and not yet painted, so it looks out of place, but it is totally functional!


So, this is what we have gotten done so far. I didn't bother to take pics of the kitchen being retiled, although a time consuming project it is not really picture worthy. Although I love the new tiles!

We are hoping to get the garage cleaned out this weekend, and hopefully start on the building of the new addition of the garage by the end of May! If we do not get started on it by then, we will start on our tiny house! We will just have to see how it goes. 

In other news, I have decided to start making our own household products. I already make our own powdered laundry detergent, but now I will start making our own deodorant, shampoo, conditioner, soap, chapstick, and dish soap. I have found some really good recipes, but am going to experiment and will post the finished recipes (and how I like them!) soon.

Also, last term I got on the Dean's list. Looks like my crazy studying paid off! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment