Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Springtime Is Here!!!

With the weather getting warmer, I am so excited to get going and building this tiny house! Unfortunately, we are still saving the money to get going on this endeavor. We want to be sure we have enough to get a good trailer, and to get the shell of the house up and waterproofed before we start, plus have a "rainy day" fund set aside as well. Alas, the construction will not start until June. But, it is so nice out!

We had a long and hard winter here in Illinois. The electric bill was always $150.00 and we spent $1,000.00 in gas payments for 4 months. That is a lot of money! We had more below zero days than I remember ever happening in my 19 years (I'm still very young, I know, but still). In October the temperature randomly plummeted and stayed down mostly below freezing until November. At the beginning of NOVEMBER we had several tornadoes around where I live in Central Illinois. Everyone I know and their houses are fine, but the city of Washington, IL, only 20 miles away from here was devastated. Clean up is still in process. After that, we had snowstorms that dumped 8"-10" of snow on the ground every two weeks until the end of February, with 2-3 days being below zero each week.

Now it is 55 degrees and sunny today! People in Florida would think that is cold, but after this winter in Illinois, it is so nice out! My puppies have spent the last week outside all day, from the time they wake up after their breakfast until they come in at night and go to sleep. They are loving it and are so much happier than they have been. Plus, they're not inside tearing stuff up because they are bored.

I am so excited that spring is officially here and I wish you all the best!

Regards,
Mollie

No comments:

Post a Comment